Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Just Give Me A Call



Jeremiah 33:3--"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." (KJV)

Through my years as a mom in the special needs world, I've had to call on God more times than I can count.  Each time He has been there, He has provided an answer to whatever the issue was I brought to Him.  Sometimes it's been "yes", sometimes "no",  sometimes "slow down sister, you ain't ready".

Back in the days of Jeremiah, God promised He'd answer, all the Israelites had to do was call out to Him.  He has not stopped listening and answering!  God does not go back on His Word!

As a believer with a few years under my belt, I've seen God answer even the most trivial of questions.  He's been there every time I've called out to Him. I may not have liked His answers at times, but God knows the beginning to the end, so He knows what's best.  It at times takes me a bit to get that one through my pea brain.

When was the last time YOU cried out and asked the Lord for help?  When was the listed time you called upon Him for wisdom in a certain situation?

As I've gotten older, my own prayer has often been asking for guidance in situations.  I've been in many through my journey that looked as if there was no answer, but God had the answer.  All I had to do was ask.

If you are a believer young in the faith, you may have yet to understand that Jeremiah's words are absolutely true.  There's no long formula to recite to get God's attention, just talk to Him.  As a dad wants his children to ask of him, our Father desires that we seek Him for our needs.

If you are a more seasoned saint, you've seen how God works in the big and small.  Nothing has been to minute for Him, nothing too large.  You've seen time and again how God has answered you in times of trial, rejoicing, and even the more mundane.

Wouldn't it be amazing if we who have been walking with Jesus a while took the time to tell others how He's answered when we've called out to Him?  Us seasoned saints, we should be more deliberate in doing so.  Our testimony of God's goodness, mercy, grace, provision, can impact the lives of those around us.  It doesn't matter what denomination you call yourself, if you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior according to Scripture, you have a testimony!

God loves you, He wants you to call on Him, ask Him to show you what He wants you to do/see/react/etc.

Take a moment today and share your testimony with someone!


~~Mrs. A


Gratefully shared with:





Darling Downs Diaries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your graceful comments are always welcome!